The key role and responsibilities of an apartment Porter/Groundskeeper is to maintain multi-family residential apartment grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots, and other community facilities. The Apartment Porter/Groundskeeper is a representative of the property and should act professionally, courteously, and efficiently.
Below are 3 real job descriptions of apartment porter, groundskeeper or general labourer collected for a complete understanding and knowledge of the duties, roles and responsibilities of an apartment groundskeeper on a daily basis.
Example: 1 of Apartment groundskeeper, Maintenance, Porter or General Labourer job description
As an Apartment groundskeeper, you will be responsible for maintaining the outside and curb appeal of our company’s buildings, leasing offices, parking lots, and other community buildings. You will be in charge of maintaining the landscape and exterior appearance of the residential complex. We provide on-the-job training and paid HVAC certification courses for this role, which allows for career advancement.
Responsibilities of Apartment groundskeeper
- This position’s pay is determined on experience.
- Clean up the area and get rid of any litter.
- Grounds maintenance is your responsibility.
- Maintain a tidy apartment complex and landscaping by examining the property each morning and clearing up any trash that has accumulated on the grounds.
- In all vacant flats, clean the air conditioner vents and change the filters.
- During extreme weather, spread salt on public corridors to minimise ice buildup, and vacuum all carpeted spaces.
- Clean the tile floors with a mop.
- Floors should be swept and polished.
- Maintain streak-free windows and glass at all times.
- Dust the furniture and other tangible items in the area.
- Clean light fixtures and difficult-to-reach areas.
- Ceilings that are free of debris.
- Basic tree and bush trimming is your responsibility.
- Insecticides should be sprayed in the area.
- Prepare cleaning supplies and disinfectants for the apartment complex.
- Any necessary renovations should be reported to the Apartment Maintenance Lead.
- As needed, request cleaning materials from management.
- Maintain a supply room and keep cleaning and renovation tools in stock.
- At all times, operate in accordance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) requirements and company safety rules.
Qualification of Apartment groundskeeper
- Punctuality is a virtue.
- It was well-organized.
- Willingness to put in long hours.
- Ability to work under duress.
- Ability to use the equipment safely.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Pay close attention to the smallest details.
- Ability to operate both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to follow spoken instructions.
- Ability to stick to a schedule.
Example: 2 of Apartment groundskeeper, Maintenance, Porter or General Labourer job description
GMC Property Management has a fantastic opportunity for a committed Maintenance Make Ready Technician to join our team! We are a family-owned and operated multifamily enterprise with over 30 years of experience. We’re searching for a motivated groundskeeper with at least one year of experience in the maintenance field.
Functions That Are Required of Apartment groundskeeper
- Pick up trash and keep the facility and grounds clean.
- Replace the bulbs in all of your indoor and external light fixtures.
- Ability to move appliances and furniture is required.
- Building maintenance (exterior/interior touch-ups)
- Ability to supervise painting, pressure washing, blower breezeways, and parking lots on a physical level
- Have a reliable mode of transportation to and from work. Have a strong work ethic that is based on dependability and reliability.
- Working with others and giving direction when necessary are two of my favourite things to do.
- Maintain a courteous and customer-focused attitude toward coworkers and customers.
COMPETENCIES ESSENTIALS of Apartment groundskeeper
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanour when dealing with residents, vendors, and team members Ability to use power and hand equipment to execute maintenance duties efficiently and safely
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. Must be able to manage time.
- Team player with a positive attitude
Requirements of Apartment groundskeeper
- Experience with property care for at least one year is preferred.
- Pass a criminal background check before starting work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS of Apartment groundskeeper
- Daily exposure to weather elements such as heat, cold, humidity, wind, and precipitation is part of the job.
- Residents, especially those with impairments, have frequent contact both inside and outside their apartment units.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, walk up and down stairs, and stroll around the entire property.
- As needed, be able to work individually or as part of a team.
Benefits & Salary of Apartment groundskeeper
- The pay for this full-time work will be based on experience.
- Monthly bonuses are possible for on-call duties and resident renewals.
- We provide outstanding benefits such as medical, dentistry, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Example: 3 of Apartment groundskeeper, Maintenance, Porter or General Labourer job description
Description of the Position of Apartment Maintenance:
Are you looking for a way to break into the property management industry? In the Napa, CA area, InterSolutions offers full and part-time Porter, Janitor, and Groundskeeper roles available. We’re looking for dependable, hardworking applicants right now.
InterSolutions offers a simple and rapid online hiring process, as well as referral bonuses and permanent placement options. No prior experience is required.
At the direction of the maintenance supervisor or property manager, the apartment maintenance crew is responsible for performing any service requests.
Job Functions That Are Critical of Apartment Maintenance
- Remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces on a daily basis by walking the grounds and common interior areas. Removes all trash cans and disposes of them.
- Hallways, lobbies, stairwells, elevator cars, and other common interior areas should be vacuumed, dusted, buffed, and washed.
- Use of a power washer, cleaning or vacuuming a pool, and supporting maintenance team members as needed are some of the responsibilities.
- Maintenance experience in general.
- Knowledge of maintenance, repair, and service in general
- Positive outlook and eagerness to work
- Ability to perform weekend shifts if necessary
Among the responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of the grounds
- Debris and litter removal
- Cleaning and upkeep of communal spaces
- Cleaning and painting after a changeover
- Assisting with additional chores related to maintenance
Responsibilities of Apartment Maintenance
- Ensure that the aesthetic of the property, including the community office, model apartment, and amenity areas, meets or exceeds RPM Living standards at all times.
- Assist with the cleaning of vacant apartments or models.
- Pick up garbage, blow the parking lot and walkways, remove debris, and other grounds work as ordered by the Service Manager and/or Property Manager.
- Clean the dumpsters, trash rooms, and trash chute on a daily basis.
- Clean the breezeways thoroughly by removing cobwebs, bugs in the lights, mopping, and washing down the doors and handrails.
- Complete the work orders that have been allocated to you.
Qualifications of Apartment Maintenance
One to three months of similar experience and/or training; or a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Job requires constant standing, working outside in all weather conditions, and the ability to perform physical activities such as bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above shoulder, grasping/gripping/turning, climbing ladders, and lifting/carrying equipment, supplies, and other materials, among others.
This is a full-time job with perks such as health insurance and paid time off.
There is no requirement for prior experience. There will be training offered. Our Park Properties staff is committed to assisting with the development of the skills and qualities needed to be a successful member of our maintenance crew. We will enable those with positive and eager-to-learn mindsets grow and achieve through our training and mentorship programme, “The Park Academy.”
NOTE: A successful drug test and background check are necessary as a condition of employment.
All employees will be asked to authenticate their identification and eligibility to work in the United States, as well as complete the relevant employment eligibility verification document form, as required by federal law.
Employer with No Discrimination
Apartment Maintenance, Groundskeeper, Porter, or Housekeeper are all job titles that are related to this position.
Let me know your suggestion in the comment section below for adding more life to this article and helping others to grow.