The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor reports to a Property Manager and is responsible for ensuring that all apartment houses and facilities in a given apartment community are in good working condition. Coordinating the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of property facilities and apartment units; prompt and courteous responses to service requests; an adequate supply of market-ready apartments to meet leasing demand; and a property appearance that meets or exceeds standards are among the primary responsibilities. The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for hiring, training, and developing allocated maintenance personnel, which may include painters and/or landscapers.
Example:1 Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager Job Description
Are you an experienced multifamily maintenance expert who is eager to lead and drive a team to reach property-specific goals? Are you eager to advance your skills and knowledge by working for a firm that gives you with the resources you need to succeed? At MAA, we recognise that our performance is directly connected to how well our service teams respond to resident requests and maintain our communities. Allow MAA Communities to assist you in furthering your career if you have a track record of accomplishing financial goals without sacrificing quality of work while exceeding residents’ customer service requirements.
Qualifications of Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager
- A high school diploma or GED is necessary, as well as three to five years of experience in multifamily property management, facility maintenance, and/or mechanical repair, or a comparable combination of experience and education.
- HVAC knowledge is necessary.
- EPA Type II or EPA Type III The use of a universal licence is essential.
- A valid driver’s licence issued by the state in which you live is essential.
- Supervisory experience of one to three years is preferred.
Benefits of Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager
We provide a comprehensive benefits package* that includes, but is not limited to:
MAA understands that brilliant people are drawn to firms that offer competitive salary, complete benefits, and excellent possibilities for promotion.
- Discount on an apartment.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are all available.
- Sick leave, vacation, and holiday pay are all options.
- Insurance for life and disability.
- On-Call Bonuses and Performance-based Incentives
- On-Call Mileage Reimbursement Program is a paid on-call mileage reimbursement programme.
- Maintenance Reimbursement Program for Mobile Vehicles
- Program for Smart Homes.
- 401(k) is a type of retirement plan.
- Reimbursement for tuition.
- Reimbursement for Adoption.
- Promotional and internal professional progression opportunities are available.
Benefit plan and programme eligibility is determined by the number of hours worked and the length of time employed.
At MAA, we are dedicated to providing exceptional service and value to those who rely on us. For over 25 years, our people-first approach has transformed buildings into communities and apartments into homes.
Example:2 Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager Job Description
An experienced Apartment Maintenance Supervisor (HVAC Certified) is needed to oversee our maintenance crew in a real estate development and property management company! The purpose of the Apartment Maintenance Supervisor is to assist and support all aspects of property upkeep. The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee maintenance personnel and the completion of resident work orders. Additional responsibilities include assisting the property manager, assessing the quality of maintenance work, directing maintenance workers, and prioritising work orders.
Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager Job Description
- HVAC Certification is required.
- HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry knowledge
- 3+ years of relevant supervisory experience is required.
- Personnel recruitment, training, and development
- Effective communicator and leader
- Team player who is hands-on
- Attitude of gratitude
- Professional and dependable
- Ability to complete tasks and motivate employees
Example:3 Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager Job Description
What You’ll Require To Be Successful Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager:
A high school diploma or GED is required, with a bachelor’s degree desirable. At least three years of experience as a property manager.
Your New Position as Apartment Maintenance Supervisor / Manager
- Follow the processes of the maintenance firm, the emergency procedures, and the leasing and management operations manuals.
- Handle requests, turnovers, and assist with outside vendors while performing all activities in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist in all aspects of apartment maintenance, keeping the shop and work area clean and organised, reporting parts and orders to the maintenance supervisor, reporting issues to the maintenance supervisor and property manager, assisting in community upkeep, and being responsible for golf carts and the pool/spa.
- Ensure that exterior areas (lights, paths, and lawns) are well-maintained.
- Ensure that all training and safety classes have been completed, and that all certifications are current.
- Complies with OSHA and safety standards, ensures that service requests are performed on time, that unoccupied units are ready on time, that suitable supply orders are placed, and that all job tasks and descriptions are fulfilled.
Let me know your suggestion in the comment section below for adding more life to this article and helping others to grow.