If you enjoy golf, this job may be ideal for you! Many recruiters are looking for active, dependable people who can complete their own jobs while also contributing to the team and general vision of the golf course.
Position Summary of Golf course grounds crew
Using hand or power tools or equipment, the groundskeeper will landscape or maintain the property’s grounds. Sod laying, mowing, pruning, edging, planting, watering, fertilising, digging, raking, irrigation, sweeping of parking lots and walkways, snow and ice management, and sports field setup and upkeep are all examples of work. The following are the general responsibilities of the role, however employer may define additional obligations. Depending on business needs and customer requirements, these roles may vary each account.
Typical Tasks of Golf course ground crew
Ground crew on a golf course performs a variety of tasks, such as:
- Mows, weedeaters, back pack blowers, tractors, and other motorised equipment are used.
- Assists with the watering and fertilisation of the golf course’s various regions.
- Changes the location of cups and tee markers, as well as ballwashers and water hazards.
- Bunkers are raked and maintained.
- Grading, prepping soil, and planting help with course improvement initiatives such as the building of new greens, tees, and fairways.
- Hauls items and removes debris using utility vehicles and other light equipment.
- Trims trees and plants flowers and shrubs.
- Lifting capacity of 50 lbs.
General Responsibilities Golf course ground crew
- Trims grass around paths, flower beds, trees, and walls while mowing lawns.
- To shape and improve growth, prunes shrubs and trees under the supervision of the immediate Supervisor.
- Using mowers, tractors, and other hand and power tools, removes fallen or broken leaves, branches, and twigs.
- Plants flower beds, mulch beds, and other attractive vegetation and maintains them.
- Maintains and sharpens tools as needed, and makes small repairs to equipment.
- Maintains grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs by planting, fertilising, watering, and applying weed and pest control products as directed by the immediate Supervisor.
- Using hand tools, equipment, or vehicles, removes snow and ice from paths, roads, and driveways.
- Spreads salt on hard surfaces, picks up litter, rakes, and eliminates debris.
- Cleans drainage ditches and culverts, including fixing potholes and brushing accumulated rubbish along curb lines, among other things.
- Maintains parking lots and driveways.
- Using carpentry, masonry, and painting tools, repairs fences, gates, walls, irrigation systems, paths, and barns.
- It is possible to mark and maintain sports fields.
- Cleans and maintains gardening and grounds equipment on a regular basis.
- Mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws are among the power equipment that may be operated.
- Event equipment, such as tables, chairs, and tents, may be set up and taken down.
- It is possible that you will be involved in the transfer of furniture, supplies, and materials.
- Attends training programmes (both in person and online) as needed.
- All corporate safety and risk management policies and procedures are followed.
- All accidents and injuries are promptly reported.
- Regularly attends safety meetings, receives safety training, and does hazard assessments.
- All assigned job is subjected to all applicable OSHA and local safety regulations.
- All work is completed in compliance with established safety protocols.
- Other responsibilities and obligations may be assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements of Golf course ground crew
- Willingness to grow and learn new things.
- Maturity of thought and action.
- Maintains a high degree of cleanliness and appearance in the workplace.
- Working on a flexible schedule is a plus.
- Any dress code standards must be followed.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays is required.
- In view of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours, attends work and shows up for scheduled shifts on time with reasonable regularity.
Experience/Knowledge for Golf course ground crew job
A high school graduation, a GED, or comparable work experience is required.
1–2 years of similar job experience is required.
Skills/Aptitude for Golf course ground crew job
- Ability to portray oneself in a highly professional manner to others and recognises the importance of honesty and ethics.
- Possess the ability to keep a cheerful attitude.
- Ability to speak professionally and respectfully with coworkers and other departments.
- Ability to maintain a professional connection with all employees, vendors, supervisors, managers, customers, and clients.
- Ability to use all technology and communication gadgets that are relevant.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to meet the position’s requirements.
- Ability to successfully convey policies and/or procedures to coworkers in a way that they can understand.
- Every OSHA and local requirements relating to all assigned work are known and understood.
License/Qualifications for Golf course ground crew job
If you are assigned to drive a car, you must have a valid driver’s licence.
Physical Prerequisites for Golf course ground crew job
With or without corrective glasses, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the capacity to alter focus are all important.
Significant walking or other modes of transportation are required.
Working in a standing position for long periods of time is required (up to 8 hours).
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and lift/move up to 35 pounds on a regular basis and up to 40 pounds on occasion.
Working Conditions for Golf course ground crew job
(additional conditions relevant to a certain work place may be added)
- The work is carried out in the open air.
- As business demands, I’ll adjust my schedule to incorporate evenings, holidays, weekends, and longer hours.
- The employee may be exposed to heat or cold while executing the activities of this job.
- Noise levels in the workplace are typically moderate to loud.
- Wears personal protection equipment (PPE) and/or protective gear as necessary by the work environment or government laws.
Required Knowledge for Golf course ground crew
Some of the knowledge that is required are:
Knowledge of the tools, methods, and materials used in the building and upkeep of golf course grounds landscaping. Ability to drive trucks and motorised equipment safely, as well as follow oral and written instructions.
Example: 1 Golf course Maintenance job Description for Resume
The Erin Hills Golf Course is looking for grounds crew members.
Erin Hills Golf Course is looking for enthusiastic team members who are eager to learn. Getting a job as a grounds crew team member at Erin Hills gives you complete access to play and practise where the pros do. Relax and take advantage of employee appreciation lunches, as well as discounts on golf shop equipment, which are held on occasion during the season. Additional perks include flexible schedules and the chance to work outside. Positions are filling up fast, so apply soon to be part of a great work atmosphere. These roles will be available in March and will last through November.
Responsibilities of Golf course Maintenance
He or she will be responsible for a wide range of tasks under the direct supervision of the Grounds Management Team, including but not limited to:
- Mowing the tees and greens on foot.
- Bunker Raking
- Blowers, edgers, and trimmers are examples of small power tools.
- Trim around sprinklers and valves by hand.
- Seeding and sodding are two different things.
- Divots are filled in.
- Weeding in both controlled and natural regions.
- Various raking and shovelling projects.
- Equipment and maintenance areas must be cleaned.
- Moving soil, garbage, and other materials with mechanical loaders.
- He or she must be able to get to and from work with ease.
- Ability to safely operate trucks and motorised equipment is required.
Golf course General Laborers Will Be Required To
- Work a variety of shifts, including weekend and holiday jobs.
- Work outside in all kinds of weather.
- Working on or around heavy machinery is prohibited.
- Standing for long periods of time is not recommended.
- On a regular basis, lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Golf privileges and discounts in the Golf Shop are available to Erin Hills employees.
- Part-time and full-time positions are available. Staffing opportunities are available on a seasonal basis.
Example: 2 Golf course attendant job description
The Grounds Maintenance Department at Talamore CC in Ambler, Pennsylvania, is looking for competent candidates.
Prior golf course or landscaping maintenance expertise is preferred but not required. I’m willing to train the correct person.
FULL AND PART-TIME POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE, WITH A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE.
Individuals who are qualified must be team players. Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and weekends, 5:30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. (45 hours per week). Depending on experience, starting pay ranges from $13.00 to $16.00 per hour. From March to the end of November, this position is accessible.
Requirements of Golf course attendant
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and transportation.
- Must be able to work one day on weekends.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Communication skills that are strong
- Prior expertise in grounds care and/or landscaping is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to operate under a variety of weather conditions ( heat , humidity , rain and cold )
Duties of Golf course attendant
Heavy manual labour involving equipment operations, as well as general cleanliness of golf course grounds and maintenance facilities, are among the responsibilities.
Grounds equipment operation as it relates to fine turf area maintenance. (Fairways, Tees, and Greens)
Possessing the ability to use string trimmers, backpack blowers, and hand tools
Maintenance of the bunker ( raking, edging )
Upkeep of the landscape ( mowing, trimming, pruning and hand weeding )
Example: 3 Golf course job descriptions
Druid Hills Golf Club is searching for people who are extremely motivated to join our team. The maintenance of a golf course, as well as the features surrounding it, is known as golf course maintenance. The work entails maintaining the grass on the fairways, greens, and roughs. It also entails keeping the bunkers in excellent condition. Not only on the course, but also on the grounds, you’ll be responsible for maintaining flowerbeds and plants. Trimming trees and removing fallen branches are required. Weather can bring a variety of circumstances to the course, which the maintenance crew must deal with. This job also entails the upkeep of buildings, bridges, and cart pathways.
Primary Responsibilities of Golf course job descriptions
- Greens, aprons, tees, fairways, roughs, surrounding trees, fence lines, creek banks, and hillsides should all be mowed and trimmed.
- Bunkers must be edged, trimmed, maintained, and raked.
- As ordered, move or set golf holes, tee markings, and flags.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Remove weeds and clean the beds
- Trees, hedges, bushes, and shrubbery should all be trimmed and pruned.
- Debris, snow, and ice must be removed from bridges and grounds as needed.
- Maintaining equipment and adhering to safety protocols are essential.
- As needed, seed, fertilise, and apply insecticides and herbicides.
- Sod is cut, rolled, laid, and watered.
- Tees and divots made of sand and seed
- Water tees, greens, and fairways, as well as other necessary regions
- Aids with the construction of new greens, tees, and fairways; assists in project labour.
- Assist with irrigation system, pipe, and irrigation head repairs as needed.
Let me know your suggestion in the comment section below for adding more life to this article and helping others to grow.