- To take ownership of Microsoft SQL Server estate comprised of production, pre-production and development environments.
- Required to provide technical support and change management for a range of commercial and bespoke software applications.
- Work alongside development and infrastructure teams, to ensure continued availability and performance of SQL Server estate.
- Act as technical authority for all future improvements / enhancements and database deployments.
- Ensure continued availability and performance of SQL Server estate by establishing performance baselines and ensuring that Database backups and recovery plans are established and tested.
- Change Management and Data Migration between development, test and production environments
- Recommend improvements and enhancements in line with IT Roadmap
- Work with internal software development team to drive improvements to performance, availability and scalability of bespoke database
- Manage cloud database DR operations, including backups, replication, and geo-redundancy.
- Manage cloud database security architecture, including compliance and audit activities.
- Design and implement ETL processes for cloud databases.
- Perform capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting of cloud and on-premises databases.
- Manage database authentication and authorization protocols and ensure continuity of service for client applications.
- Monitor and enforce data security and integrity constraints.
- Manage and enhance cloud database instances.
- Work as a team member with DevOps
- Work with development team to develop optimized queries and data models for application and integration services.
- Manage database DevOps in coordination with software development teams, including deployment scripting.
- Serve as liaison and primary point of contact between AYM and cloud database operations
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems 3+ years’ experience implementing and operating mission-critical Microsoft SQL Server deployments on virtual platforms, including serverless: Microsoft Azure SQL Database and Microsoft Azure SQL Managed Instance
- 3+ years’ experience designing relational database schemas for security, scale, and performance.
- 3+ years’ experience on Microsoft Azure
- Experience classifying and securing sensitive data in Microsoft SQL Server for compliance with regulatory standards.
- Experience developing advanced data integration and maintenance routines using T-SQL, PowerShell, and CLI
- Mastery of Microsoft SQL Server programmability features (i.e., Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc.)
- Experience implementing data/tenant isolation solutions in Microsoft SQL Server
- Fundamental skills in TCP/Ethernet network engineering and administration
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.